Hasnain Nangyal, Muhammad Saleem Khan
Apple Academic Press
January 24, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 302 Pages - 16 Color & 51 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888059 - CAT# K419345
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$31.99 on each
Environmental Pollution, Biodiversity, and Sustainable Development: Issues and Remediation provides an extensive summary of biodiversity. It is the result of the assistance of environmentalists, researchers, policy experts, and academicians from across the globe sharing their research and knowledge on biodiversity and ways to mitigate the threat from climate change, over-utilization of natural resources, pollution, and more. The volume considers that biodiversity encompasses a wide range of biological processes, ranging from genetic diversity, species, populations, communities and ecosystems, landscapes and regions.
This book, written by a panel of international experts in biodiversity, conservation biology, and evolution from different countries, including Iran, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Russia, and others, highlights the human impact on biodiversity hotspots on a global scale.
The volume provides an abundance of valuable research for faculty, students, and researchers in environmental sciences; government agencies, and many others.
1. Phytoremediation Potential of Typha: An Approach to Biodiversity Conservation
H. Nangyal et al.
2. The Genetic Resources as an Inexhaustible Source of Biodiversity in Tajikistan
N. Firuza, H. Nangyal, A. Nawaz, and M. S. Khan
3. Phytodiversity and the Conservation Status of the Nara Desert, Pakistan
4. Acute and Biological Effects of Some Synthetic Organic Compounds on Spiny Bollworma
R. M. Fikry et al.
5. The Simplest Way to Determine the Most Appropriate Diversity Indices in a Study Area
6. Diversity of Pollen Grain Fertility and Crossing of Potato in Tajikistan
K. Partoev et al.
7. Impact of Arsenic on Structural and Functional Composition of Dominant Bacterial Populations Associated with Various Natural Ecosystems
Soma Ghosh, Meenakshi Mukherjee, and Pinaki Sar
8. Seabuckthorn: Its Sustainable Utilization for Biodiversity Conservation
N. Malik et al.
9. Environmental Pollution: Increasing Risk of Neurodegenerative Diseases
H. Ikram and H. Nangyal
10. Community-Based Conservation of the Sambhar Salt Lake, Jaipur, India
S. Kulshreshtha, G.V. Reddy, and H. Nangyal
11. Biodiversity and Conservation of the Orphans of Rio in Northern Africa-Egypt: A Case Study
A. M. Abdel-Azeem and F. M. Salem
12. Diversity of Functional Potential of Selected Medicinal Plants
Hasnain Nangyal et al.
13. Fungal Biodiversity of Foods and Feeds
Fatima Abdul Majeed and Ali Akbar
14. Biodiversity and Distribution of Algae in Egypt
Heba S. Abbas
15. Role of Diverse Medicinal Algae in Therapeutic World
Heba S. Abbas
“Designed for those students and researchers who wish to become familiar with basic and advanced features of biodiversity, while the output of these efforts can be implemented to ensure sustainability and preservation of biodiversity. This volume provides a broad overview of different promising aspects of biodiversity and includes its different diverse aspects. Various chapters written by international experts in their respective specialties not only allow the reader to understand better the wide range of medical problems linked with environmental pollution, biodiversity, and sustainable development, but also to propose strategies to reduce the threat. The book should be useful to all those working on biodiversity, pollution eradication, and sustainable development.”
—Andjelka Mihajlov, Professor, University Educons and University of Novi Sad, Serbia; Ambassador for Sustaiable Development, Serbia; Chair, Environmental Sciences, Renseelar Polytechnic Institute University of Belgrade