Chapman and Hall/CRC
Published August 13, 2018
Reference - 2780 Pages
ISBN 9781498733953 - CAT# K26338
• Offers a comprehensive and unified presentation of designs and analyses used at different stages of biopharmaceutical and clinical research and development
• Provides the definitive statistical guide for the entire pipeline of drug and pharmaceutical product development
• Gives a well-balanced summary of current regulatory requirements
• Includes over 600 tables and figures, along with more than 2,900 formulas
• Fourth edition will have over 100 new entries
Since the publication of the first edition in 2000, there has been an explosive growth of literature in biopharmaceutical research and development of new medicines. This encyclopedia (1) provides a comprehensive and unified presentation of designs and analyses used at different stages of the drug development process, (2) gives a well-balanced summary of current regulatory requirements, and (3) describes recently developed statistical methods in the pharmaceutical sciences.
Features of the Fourth Edition:
1. 78 new and revised entries have been added for a total of 308 chapters and a third volume has been added to encompass the increased number of chapters.
2. Revised and updated entries reflect changes and recent developments in regulatory requirements for the drug review/approval process and statistical designs and methodologies.
3. Additional topics include multiple-stage adaptive trial design in clinical research, translational medicine, design and analysis of biosimilar drug development, big data analytics, and real world evidence for clinical research and development.
4. A table of contents organized by stages of biopharmaceutical development provides easy access to relevant topics.
About the Editor:
Shein-Chung Chow, Ph.D. is currently an Associate Director, Office of Biostatistics, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Dr. Chow is an Adjunct Professor at Duke University School of Medicine, as well as Adjunct Professor at Duke-NUS, Singapore and North Carolina State University. Dr. Chow is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics and the Chapman & Hall/CRC Biostatistics Book Series and the author of 28 books and over 300 methodology papers. He was elected Fellow of the American Statistical Association in 1995.
Partial list of topics: Acceptance Sampling Active Control Trials Adaptive Design Methods in Clinical Trials Adaptive Survival Trials Adjustment for Covariates Adverse Event Reporting Alpha Spending Function Ames Test Analysis of 2 K Tables Analysis of Clustered Binary Data Analysis of Clustered Categorical Data Analysis of Heritability Analysis of Repeated Measures Data with Missing Values: An Overview of Methods Analysis of Variance ANCOVA Approach for Premarketing Shelf Life Determination with Multiple Factors Assay Development Assay Validation Bayesian Approach to Stability Analysis Bayesian Methods in Meta-Analysis Bayesian Statistics Bayesian Designs for Phase II Oncology Clinical Trials Binary 2 × 2 Crossover Trials Bioassay Bioavailability and Bioequivalence Bioinformatics Biologics Biomarker in Clinical Trials