Badrinarayan Shankar Pawar
May 16, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 200 Pages - 15 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781138082700 - CAT# Y333380
This book provides recent inputs from the field of organizational behavior (OB) for enhancing employee performance and well-being, a key concern for managers today. It focuses on transformational leadership, organizational justice, organizational support and workplace spirituality. The author outlines multiple dimensions of employee performance and five forms of employee well-being — physical, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual. The book also presents an overview of the traditional approaches, and draws on relevant literature and empirical findings. It offers exercises from a practitioner’s point of view to facilitate managerial actions and will serve as a practical application guide for managers.
This book will be of interest and use to students and researchers of human resource management, organizational behavior, management education, industrial and organizational psychology, corporate social responsibility and business ethic, as well as practicing HR managers and training managers.
List of Figures
1. Employee Performance: An Organization’s Requirement from Employees
2. Employee Well-being: Employees’ Expectations from an Organization
3. Employee Performance and Employee Well-being: Two Desired Outcomes for an Organization
4. Traditional Approaches to Enhancing Employee Performance and Well-being
5. Transformational Leadership for Employee Performance and Well-being
6. Organizational Justice for Employee Performance and Well-being
7. Organizational Support for Employee Performance and Well-being
8. Workplace Spirituality for Employee Performance and Well-being
9. Reflections on Implementation of Leadership, Justice, Support, and Workplace Spirituality: Enhancing Employee Performance and Well-being