Basharat Nabi Dar, Shabir Ahmad Mir
Apple Academic Press
December 15, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 441 Pages - 5 Color & 44 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888028 - CAT# K419271
Series: Postharvest Biology and Technology
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$35.99 on each
Focusing on new technological interventions involved in the postharvest management of fruits, this volume looks at the research on new and emerging techniques to maintain the quality of fruits from farm to table. The volume looks at the factors that contribute to shortening shelf life and innovative solutions to maintaining quality while increasing the length of time fruit remains fresh, nutritious, and edible.
The volume considers the different needs of the diversity of fruits and covers variety of important topics, including
Emerging Technologies for Shelf-Life Enhancement of Fruits considers the fundamental issues and will be an important reference on shelf-life extension of fruits. Highlighting the trends in future research and development, it will provide food technologists, food engineers, and food industry professionals with new insight for prolonging the shelf life of fruits.
1. Diversity of Fruits
A. Raouf Malik et al.
2. Factors Affecting the Postharvest Quality of Fruits
Farhana Mehraj Allai et al.
3. Microbial Spoilage of Fruits
Syed Darakshan et al.
4. Decontamination of Fruits by Non-Thermal Technologies
M. C. Pina-Pérez et al.
5. Modified Atmosphere Packaging as a Tool to Improve Shelf Life of Fruits
Tariq Ahmad and B. N. Dar
6. New Insight in Active Packaging of Fruits
Antima Gupta et al.
7. Advances in Edible Coating for Improving the Shelf Life of Fruits
Mamta Thakur, Ishrat Majid, and Vikas Nanda
8. Approaches of Gamma Irradiation for Extending the Shelf Life of Fruits
Khalid Gul et al.
9. Antimicrobials as Innovative Tool for Shelf-Life Enhancement of Fruits
K. Ranjitha and Harinder Singh Oberoi
10. Use of Chemicals for Shelf-Life Enhancement of Fruits
Asanda Mditshwa et al.
11. Ozone as a Shelf-Life Extender of Fruits
Dolly, Baljit Singh, Arashdeep Singh, and Savita Sharma
12. Controlled Atmosphere Storage of Fruits: An Overview on Storability and Quality
D. V. Sudhakar Rao and C. K. Narayana
13. Techniques for Quality Estimation of Fruits
Gurkirat Kaur et al.
14. Safety Management of Fruits from Farm to Fork
Syed Insha Rafiq et al.