Europa Publications, Imogen Gladman
Published November 24, 2005
Reference - 764 Pages
ISBN 9781857433166 - CAT# RX33165
Series: Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$158.00 on each
Extensive coverage of the political, economic and social affairs of the region. This impartial up-to-date survey of the countries and territories that make up the region includes:
* over 700 pages of current political, economic and social affairs
* incisive analysis by acknowledged experts
* the latest statistics on the major economic indicators and population
* invaluable directory material.
* Leading authorities on the region analyse topics of regional importance including: International Relations of Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States; Politics of Energy in the Caspian Sea Region; Militant Islam in Central Asia and the Caucasus; The Economics of the Commonwealth of Independent States; Russia's New Federalism; Poverty and Social Welfare in the Commonwealth of Independent States; Trends in Religious Policy; Organized Crime in the Russian Federation and the CIS and Environmental Degradation: Past Roots, Present Transition and Future Hopes.
Individual chapters on every country containing:
* An introductory survey, containing essays on the geography, recent history and economy of each country, which includes a map and full chronology
* An extensive statistical survey of economic indicators, which include area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, media and education.
* A full directory containing names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail and internet addresses for the following areas: the constitution, the government, legislature, local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judiciary, religion, the media, finance, trade and industry, transport, tourism, culture, education, social welfare, the environment and defence
* A useful bibliography, providing sources for further research.
* Biographical details on the leading figures in the region.
* Detailed information on the following: regional organizations; research institutes; a select periodicals bibliography and a select books bibliography.