K. Saravanan, Chukwuebuka Egbuna, Horne Iona Averal, S. Kannan, S. Elavarasi, Bir Bahadur
Apple Academic Press
July 30, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 355 Pages - 13 Color & 31 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888608 - CAT# K441626
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
Drug Development for Cancer and Diabetes: A Path to 2030 focuses on new developments in the discovery of drugs for the treatment of cancer and diabetes. This new book presents important recent advances, emerging trends, and novel innovations for these two world-leading diseases. It is structured in two parts. Part I consists of chapters that explores cancer cell cycle checkpoints, cancer biomarkers, essential drug properties, stages in anti-cancer drug development, and various bioactives that are effective against cancer. Part II presents a complete coverage of important advances and research discoveries in antidiabetic drugs. It details the potentials of medicinal plants and phytocompounds as sources for antidiabetic drugs and highlights the ethnobotanical basis of the compounds.
With chapters written by professionals in the field of phytochemistry and pharmacology from key institutions around the world, this volume provides a wide coverage and will be useful especially for scientists in pharmaceutical field.
Part 1: Cancer And Leads For Cancer Treatment
1. Biomarkers for Screening of Premalignant Lesions and Therapeutic Surveillance
2. Kinase Targets in Cancer Drug Discovery
3. Essential Drug Properties and Stages in Anti-Cancer Drug Development
Andrew G. Mtewa, Duncan Sesaazi, Annu Amanjot and Serawit Deyno
4. Plant Constituents as Anti-Cancer Drugs
T. Veni, T. Pushpanathan, and G. Vimala
5. Anticancer Properties of Some Effective Phytochemicals
Murat Alan and Behnaz Aslanipour
6. Therapeutic Aspects of Some Extracts and Purified Cardiac Glycosides Obtained from Nerium oleander L.
Behnaz Aslanipour and Murat Alan
7. Challenging Compounds of Some Medicinal Plants against Cancer
N. Shaista Jabeen et al.
8. Medicinal Plants as Therapeutic Agents in the Treatment of Cancer
9. Cytotoxic and Apoptosis-Inducing Effects and Anti-Cancerous Drug Candidature of Jasmonates
T. Parth et al.
10. Apoptosis Activity of 1, 2, Benzne Dicarboxylic Acid Isolated from Andrographis paniculata on KB, SiHa and IMR Cancer Cell Lines
P. Krishnamoorthy and D. Kalaiselvan
11. Anticancer Drug Discovery from the Indian Spice Box
M. V. N. L. Chaitanya et al.Reddy
12. Phytochemical Investigation and Evaluation of Antibreast Cancer Activity of Chloroform Extract of Tagetes erecta
R. Arul Priya, K. Saravanan, and Chukwaebuka Egbuna
13. Isolation, Identification, and in Silico Evaluation of Anticancer Activity of Flavone from Pisum sativum
R. Arul Priya, K. Saravanan, and P. Karuppannan
14. Functional Lead Phytocheicals from the Rutaceae and Zingiferaceae Plants for Development of Anticancer Drugs
K. Saravanan et al.
15. In Vitro Anticancer Activity of Biophytum sensitivum on Liver Cancer Lines (HepG2)
M. P. Santhi, K. Saravanan, and P. Karuppannan
16. Saffron and Its Active Ingredients: A Natural Product with a Potent Anticancer Property
Ashutosh Gupta and Abhay K. Pandey
Part 2: Antidiabetic Drug Discovery
17. Effects of Pterocarpus marsupium in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
18. Antidiabetic and Antihyperlipedemic Activities of Cyathea nilgiriensis (Holttum) on STZ-Induced Diabetic Rats
S. Elavarasi et al.
19. Antidiabetic Activity of Drug-Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles
G. Revathi, S. Elavarasi, and K. Saravanan
20. Antidiabetic Activity of Silver Nanoparticles Biosynthesized Using Ventilago maderaspatana Leaf Extract
P. Karuppannan, K. Saravanan, and Horne Iona Averal
21. Hypoglycemic Activity of Biophytum sensitivum Whole Plant Extracts on Alloxan-Induced Diabetic Rats
C. Renuka, K. Saravanan, and P. Karuppannan
22. Antidiabetic Activity of Ventilago maderaspatana Leaf Extracts on STZ-Induced Diabetic Rats
P. Karuppannan, K. Saravanan, and P. Premalatha
23. Isolation, Identification, and Molecular Docking of Antidiabetic Compounds of Cytheia nilgiriensis (Holttum)
S. Elavarasi, G. Revathi, and K. Saravanan
24. Antidiabetic Potentials of Major Indian Spices: A Review
Pratibha et al.
25. Aloe Species: Chemical Composition and Therapeutic Uses in Diabetic Treatment
Amit Kumar Singh et al.