Gireesh Chand, Md. Nadeem Akhtar, Santosh Kumar
Apple Academic Press
February 2, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 412 Pages - 54 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888363 - CAT# K440824
Series: Innovations in Horticultural Science
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$33.99 on each
Diseases of Fruits and Vegetable Crops: Recent Management Approaches covers certain basic aspects of knowledge on diagnostic symptoms, modes of perpetuation and dissemination of pathogens, favorable conditions for disease development, and the latest management strategies for disease prevention and mitigation in vegetable crops, fruit crops, and plantation crops.
With chapters written by experts working on specific fruit and vegetables disease, the volume covers many vegetable and fruit crops, including pineapples, grapes, apples, guava, litchi, potatoes, peas, beans, ginger and turmeric, and many more. Each chapter reviews the specific diseases relevant to the crop and their management and includes recent research findings.
The information presented here will be valuable for plant protection officers, district horticulture officers, and other government personnel in the directorates and agencies of agriculture, horticulture and plant protection, as well as plant protection experts, vegetable specialists, and others.
Part 1: Fruits
1. Pineapple Diseases and Their Integrated Management
Sanjeev Kumar and Erayya
2. Diseases of Apple and Their Management
J. N. Srivastava, A. K. Singh, and R. K. Sharma
3. Citrus Diseases and Their Management
V. Jyothi and M. E. Shilpa
4. Diseases of Grapes and Their Management
B. D. Devamani
5. Diseases of Custard Apple and Their Management
G. L. Sharma and N. Lakpale
6. Diseases of Guava and Their Management
B. D. Devamani
7. Diseases of Jackfruit Crop and Their Management
R. C. Shakywar
8. Diseases of Litchi and Their Management
9. Major Diseases of Mango and Their Management
Supriya Gupta et al.
Part 2: Vegetables
10. Diseases of Potato Crops and Their Management
11. Diseases of Tomato Crops and Their Management
Pankaj Rautela et al.
12. Diseases of Elephant Foot Yam and Colocasia Crops and Their Management
13. Diseases of Garden Pea (Pisum sativum L.) and Their Management
Ramesh Nath Gupta
14. Diseases of Ginger and Turmeric and Their Management
Sunil Kumar and Gireesh Chand
15. Diseases of Pointed Gourd Crops and Their Management
R. C. Shakywar et al.
16. Diseases of Brinjal and Their Management
Narender Kumar et al.
17. Diseases of Carrots, Radishes, and Knol Khol and Their Management
18. Major Diseases of Chili and Their Management
C. S. Azad et al.
19. Diseases of Cucurbits and Their Management Strategy: Integrated Approaches
20. Diseases of Beans Crop and Their Management
Part 3: Other
21. Economically Important Diseases of Tea (Camellia Sp) and Their Management Strategies
Kishor Chand Kumhar and Azariah Babu
22. Symptomatology and Etiology of Alternariose in Root, Fruits, and Leafy Vegetables
Udit Narain et al.
23. Micronutrients Deficiency in Vegetable Crops and Their Management
Shweta Shambhavi et al.