June 11, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 232 Pages
ISBN 9780367136543 - CAT# K409825
Series: Routledge International Studies in the Philosophy of Education
SAVE ~$28.00 on each
Due to the economic and social effects of globalization democracy is currently in crisis in many states around the world. This book suggests that solving this crisis requires rethinking democratic education. It argues that educational public policy must cultivate democratic relationships not only within but also across and between states, and that such policy must empower citizens to exercise democratic control in domestic as well as in inter- and transnational politics.
Democratic Education in a Globalized World articulates and defends democratic conceptions of global citizenship education and educational justice on the basis of a democratic understanding of global justice. It will be of interest to researchers across the fields of education, political theory, philosophy, development, and postcolonial studies.
2. Global Democratic Justice as the Normative Ground of Educational Public Policy
3. Global Democratic Educational Justice
4. Global Democratic Citizenship Education
5. Global Citizenship Education as Transnational Democratic Conscientization
6. Critiques of Autonomy and of Education for Autonomy
7. Postcolonial Critiques of Democratic Education