First published in 1990. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Table of Contents
Prologue, Arthur Malin, M.D., Issue Editor
- Psychotherapy to Psychoanalysis: A Method of Study, Joseph D. Lichtenberg, M.D. and L. David Levi, M.D.
- Motivation for Psychoanalysis and the Transition from Psychotherapy, Stephen B. Bernstein, M.D.
- Psychotherapy as a Trial for Psychoanalysis, Leonard Horwitz, Ph.D.
- A Developmental View of Converting Psychotherapy to Psychoanalysis, Nathan Schlessinger, M.D.
- The Fundamental Rule: Its Utilization in the Conversion of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy to Psychoanalysis, David I. Joseph, M.D.
- The Emotional Position of the Analyst in the Shift from Psychotherapy to Psychoanalysis, Alan Z. Skolnikoff, M.D.
- Converting Psychotherapy to Psychoanalysis; A Critique of the Underlying Assumptions, Robert D. Stolorow, Ph.D.
- Conversion of Psychotherapy to Psychoanalysis: The Policies of the Institutes of the American, George W. Pigman III, Ph.D.
Epilogue, Arthur Malin, M.D., Issue Editor