Published March 20, 2018
Reference - 120 Pages
ISBN 9781138564596 - CAT# Y381615
During the past decade, transnational education has grown rapidly and become a key initiative of internationalization of higher education. In China, one of the main forms of transnational education is Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools (CFCRS). In May 2017, there were 2545 CFCRS institutions and programs approved by the Chinese government. There are about 560,000 CFCRS students nationwide, among which 460,000 are in higher education, while graduate numbers have exceeded 1.6 million.
CFCRS has attracted more and more attention, and related studies have been increasing over the years. This book contains a comprehensive introduction and in-depth study on CFCRS; and includes comparative studies on the development of international branch campuses of several countries. This volume was originally published as a special issue of Chinese Education and Societies.
1. Chinese-Foreign Cooperation in Running Schools Lin Jinhui
2. A Discussion on Improving the Quality of Sino-Foreign Cooperative Education. Lin Jinhui and Liu Mengjin
3. Study on the Introduction of High-Quality Educational Resources for Sino-Foreign Cooperative Education Lin Jinhui
4. Basic Relationships Among Scale, Quality, and Benefits in Sino-Foreign Cooperative Education Lin Jinhui
5. Addressing Sustainable International Branch Campus Development Through an Organizational Structure Lens: A Comparative Analysis of China, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates Jill Borgos
6. Hong Kong’s Cross-System University Partnerships Gerard A. Postiglione, Qin Yunyun, and Alice Y.C. Te
7. Cross-Border Higher Education in China: How the Field of Research Has Developed Qin Yunyun and Alice Y.C. Te
8. Independent Chinese-Foreign Collaborative Universities and their Quest for Legitimacy Li Zhang and Kevin Kinser