Published August 18, 2015
Reference - 908 Pages
ISBN 9781857437737 - CAT# Y180331
Series: Central and South-Eastern Europe
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$206.00 on each
A comprehensive survey of the countries and territories of this region, incorporating the latest economic and socio-political developments.
New for 2016:
- discussion and expert analysis of elections throughout the region
- details of developments in relations with the EU for current and prospective members, and within the eurozone
- fully revised essay content, including a new essay on the politics of energy in the region. General Survey
Essays by acknowledged experts in the region cover a variety of topical issues.
In addition, appendices discuss the religions of the region and the Russian Baltic territory of Kaliningrad.
Individual chapters for each country, containing:
- information on physical and social geography
- a detailed chronology of political events, both recent and historical
- essays on each country's political history and economy
- a statistical survey
- an extensive directory of contact details for political, state and commercial institutions and organizations in the region (covering national and local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judicial system, religion, the media, finance, telecommunications and broadcasting, major companies, transport, tourism, culture, social welfare, the environment, defence, education and more)
- and a select bibliography.
Who's Who in Central and South-Eastern Europe
Biographical details for more than 200 of the region's leading political figures.
Contact information and extensive details of the activities of regional and international organizations active in the region; a list of research institutes that focus on the region, together with contact details; and select bibliographies of both books and periodicals.
Part 1: General Survey Essays by experts on the region Part 2: Country Surveys Sections on geography, history, chronology and economy, as well as statistical surveys, directories and bibliographies for each country. Part 3: Who's Who of Central and South-Eastern Europa Part 4: Regional Information Regional Organizations. Research Institutes. Select Bibliography (Books). Select Bibliography (Peridodicals). Index of Regional Organizations.