Published August 21, 2014
Reference - 910 Pages
ISBN 9781857437294 - CAT# Y161708
Series: Central and South-Eastern Europe
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
A comprehensive survey of the countries and territories of this region, incorporating the latest economic and socio-political developments.
New for 2015:
- discussion and expert analysis of elections throughout the region
- details of developments in relations with the EU for current and prospective members, and within the eurozone
- fully revised essay content, including new essays on the post-Socialist economies and on Islam in the region.
Essays by acknowledged experts in the region cover a variety of topical issues.
In addition, appendices discuss the religions of the region and the Russian Baltic territory of Kaliningrad.
Individual chapters for each country, containing:
- information on physical and social geography
- a detailed chronology of political events, both recent and historical
- essays on each country's political history and economy
- a statistical survey
- an extensive directory of contact details for political, state and commercial institutions and organizations in the region (covering national and local government, political organizations, diplomatic representation, the judicial system, religion, the media, finance, telecommunications and broadcasting, major companies, transport, tourism, culture, social welfare, the environment, defence, education and more)
- and a select bibliography.
Who's Who in Central and South-Eastern Europe
Biographical details for more than 200 of the region's leading political figures.
Contact information and extensive details of the activities of regional and international organizations active in the region; a list of research institutes that focus on the region, together with contact details; and select bibliographies of both books and periodicals.