- Serves as a NEW EDITION of the most respected scientific reference in the world.
- Presents an accurate, reliable, and up-to-date resource.
- Features print, eBook, and online formats.
- Offers a broad range of current and critically evaluated data in a single volume.
- Contains new as well as updated and expanded tables.
- Builds on the new feature first introduced in the 94th edition, with four historical figures in science honored on the end plates: Albert Einstein, Ludwig Boltzmann, Pierre-Simon Laplace, and Josiah Willard Gibbs.
Proudly serving the scientific community for over a century, this 97th edition of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics is an update of a classic reference, mirroring the growth and direction of science. This venerable work continues to be the most accessed and respected scientific reference in the world. An authoritative resource consisting of tables of data and current international recommendations on nomenclature, symbols, and units, its usefulness spans not only the physical sciences but also related areas of biology, geology, and environmental science.
The 97th edition of the Handbook includes 20 new or updated tables along with other updates and expansions. It is now also available as an eBook. This reference puts physical property data and mathematical formulas used in labs and classrooms every day within easy reach.
- Surface Active Chemicals – Table of Properties of the Most Important Surfactants (Solubility, Physical Constants, Critical Micelle Concentration, Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance, etc.)
- Nanomaterial Safety Guidelines – Definition of Terms in Nanoscience; Guidelines for Safe Handling and Disposal
Updated and Expanded Tables:
- CODATA Values of the Fundamental Physical Constants – 2014 values
- Standard Atomic Weights – 2015 Changes Made by IUPAC
- Atomic Masses and Abundances – Update of Abundances
- Surface Tension of Common Liquids – Addition of New Compounds and Updates
- Basic Instrumental Techniques of Analytical Chemistry – Expansion to Cover Colorimetry and Refractometry
- Bond Dissociation Energies – Addition of Recently Published Data
- Photon Attenuation Coefficients – Addition of Absorption Edge Data
- Classification of Electromagnetic Radiation – Update with Modern Terminology
- Astronomical Constants – Update with New Recommended Constants
- Solar System Properties – Updates with Newly Discovered Satellites
- Interstellar Molecules – Update with Complete List of Molecules Observed to Date
- Major World Earthquakes – Update through 2015
- Atmospheric Concentration of CO2 – Update through 2015
- Global Temperature Trend – Update through 2015
- Abbreviations Used in the Assessment and Presentation of Laboratory Hazards – Update and Expansion
- Relative Dose Ranges for Ionizing Radiation – Expansion
- Threshold Limits for Airborne Contaminants – Update to 2015 Recommendations
- Chemical Carcinogens – Update to 2015 Recommendations of National Toxicology Program
Table of Contents
Historical Figures in Chemistry and Physics
Basic Constants, Units, and Conversion Factors
Symbols, Terminology, and Nomenclature
Physical Constants of Organic Compounds
Properties of the Elements and Inorganic Compounds
Thermochemistry, Electrochemistry, and Solution Chemistry
Molecular Structure and Spectroscopy
Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Nuclear and Particle Physics
Properties of Solids
Geophysics, Astronomy, and Acoustics
Practical Laboratory Data
Health and Safety Information
APPENDICES: Mathematical Tables. Sources of Physical and Chemical Data