'Management Information for Marketing Decisions 2001-2002' is a specifically tailored coursebook for students undertaking the Management Information for Marketing Decisions module of the CIM Advanced Certificate.
Butterworth-Heinemann have worked closely with the Education Division of the CIM to ensure that all aspects of the text are up-to-date and correspond to the CIM's requirements, making this title the definitive companion to this year's course. Its comprehensive content and user-friendly text layout are designed to facilitate learning, with questions, activities, definitions and study tips to support the theory, while the structured study units link the information directly to the CIM syllabus.
The new edition of this text contains:
· a firmly international perspective
· new material to cover e-marketing issues, the basic concepts of management information systems, emerging accounting techniques and the application of market research
· a completely revised Continuous Assessment unit
· new and up to date examples and case studies to illustrate the theory
· additional text references and website references
· preparatory aids for the final exam, including the most recent exam papers, examiners' marking schemes and specimen answers
Comprehensive yet uniquely accessible, it provides essential support for anyone undertaking a CIM course.
Table of Contents
Management Information Systems - basic concepts; Information and communication technologies supporting marketing decisions; Forecasting methods and tools used in decision-making; Marginal cost and break-even analysis; Effect of overheads on marketing decisions, activity based costing and activity based management; Pricing; Product profitability, ratio analysis, financial impacts of marketing decisions; Budgeting and standard costing; Capital budgeting; Market research information applied to marketing decisions; Approaching the module for continuous assessment; Guidance on the examination preparation; Examination paper, sample answers and Senior Examiner's comments, June 2000; Examination paper, sample answers and Senior Examiner's comments, December 2000; Curriculum information; Answers and debriefing.