Deepak Kumar Verma, Ami R. Patel, Kawaljit Singh Sandhu, Ashish Baldi, Sandra Garcia
Apple Academic Press
August 30, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 340 Pages - 11 Color & 69 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771889124 - CAT# K465245
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$33.99 on each
This new book, Biotechnical Processing in the Food Industry: New Methods, Techniques, and Applications, explores several newly emerged techniques and technologies that have significantly changed the scenario of the dairy and food sector by making the processes more stable and more economically viable. Worldwide adoption of these novel technologies will also, the editors believe, provide benefit to consumers in terms of enhanced food safety labeling, nutritional security, and value-added products at reasonable cost.
Divided into three main parts, the book looks at technological trends and advances in dairy research and industry, emerging technological developments, and potential advanced research in the food, health and processing industry.
Part 1: Technological Trends and Advances For The Dairy Research And Industry
1. Nonconventional Technologies: Promising Stabilization Methods for the Fresh Dairy Sector
Valentina Lacivita, Amalia Conte, and Matteo Alessandro Del Nobile
2. Bulgarian White-Brined Cheese: Beneficial Microbiota and Technology for Development of New Functional Foods
Svetla Trifonova Danova et al.
3. Bioactive Carbohydrates: Safety Regulations and Applications for Dairy-Based Functional Foods
Majid Nooshkam and Afshin Babazadeh
Part 2: Emerging Technological Developments in The Food Research Industry
4. Assessment of Quality of Confectionery Products using Electronic Nose Technology
Sayantani Dutta and Paramita Bhattacharjee
5. Supercritical Carbon Dioxide (SC-CO2) Extraction of Piperine: A Green Extraction Method for Biomolecule of Therapeutic Importance
Paramita Bhattacharjee, Kaninika Paul, and Sayantani Dutta
6. Silver-Based Solvent Extraction of EPA/DHA from Fish Oil: Chemistry and Process Development
Kirubanandan Shanmugam et al.
Part 3: Potential Advanced Research in The Food, Health, And Processing Industry
7. Metabiotics as Functional Metabolites of Probiotics: An Emerging Concept and Its Potential Application in Food and Health
Barkha Singhal and Neelima Chaudhary
8. Bacteriocins: Biosynthesis, Production, Purification, and Its Potential Applications in Food and Human Health
Sushma Gurumayum et al.
9. Microbial Chitin Extraction from Waste Chitin: An Eco-Friendly Approach for Emerging Biotechnological Processes and Industrial Application
S. Pavan Kumar and Sancharini Das