This volume discusses questions of free-radical biology and new, modern directions in molecular cytobiology; proteomics and genomics. The book presents articles and reviews on bioantioxidants, synthesis of new compounds, mechanisms of their action and areas of application. Studies on free radical states using ESR technique, biochemistry of regulatory systems and the role of free radicals in radiation disease and cancer development are given special attention.
Test results of new drugs for curing malignant tumors and kinetic approaches to the description of disease development and estimation of curative action of medicinal preparations are shown. The book also presents studies in the branch of enzymology, receptor systems, photoreception, in particular. The volume uniquely presents general tendencies in chemistry, biology and medicine kinetically united and attached to free radical mechanisms and other questions under consideration.
Table of Contents
1. E.B. Burlakova, Bioantioxidants: A New Page in Pharmacology.
2. L.K. Obukhova, D.M. Izmailov, and A.S. Solovyova, Academician N.M. Emanuel: The Development of Principles of Administration of the Ageing Processes in Living Organisms.
3. I.N. Todorov, Mitochondria: Oxidative Stress, Mutations of Mitochondrial DNA, Pathologies, Ageing, and Apoptosis.
4. N.P. Konovalova, Antitumor Effects of Nitroxides and NO-Donors.
5. S.V. Vasilieva, Principles of Genetic Activity of Nitrogen Oxide and NO-Donors in Modeling the Cell
Responses to Stresses and Creation of Novel Medicinal Preparations.
6. L.D. Smirnov, Structure, Pharmacological Properties, and Medical Use of Heteroaromatic Antioxidants.
7. B.I. Kurganov, Kinetics of Aggregation of Proteins.
8. L.B. Gorbacheva, N.M. Emanuel, the Initiator of Biochemical Studies Related to Chemotherapy at the
Institute of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences.
9. M.K. Pulatova, V.L. Sharygin, Yu.I. Mitrokhin, and I.N. Todorov, Molecular - Cellular Mechanisms of Response of Organism to Damage and Their Modification by Drugs.
10. M.A. Ostrovskii, Reactive Oxygen Species in Mechanisms of Light Damages to the Eye Retina.
11. N.N. Zoz, I.S. Morozova, and A.M. Serebryanyi, Study of Biological Activity of Bioantioxidants in Plants.
12. N.P. Palmina, L.V. Kledova, T.V. Pankova, and V.D. Gaintseva, Peculiar Effects of Peroxide Oxidation of Lipids of Biological Membranes under the Effect of Ultra-Low Concentrations of Antioxidants.
13. A.M. Olovnikov, Redumer Mechanism of Ageing of Organism as an Alternative to Telomer and Free-Radical Mechanisms of Biological Ageing.
14. L.N. Shishkina and E.B. Burlakova, The Significance of Antioxidative Properties of Lipids in Radiation Damage and Repair of Membranes.
15. N.G. Khrapova, Peroxide Oxidation of Lipids of Biological Membranes and Food Additives.
16. L.A. Ostrovskaya, D.B. Korman, N.P. Dementieva, M.M. Fomina, and N.V. Blyukhterova, Nitrosoalkylureas in Modern Antitumor Therapy.
17. V.N. Luzikov, The Principles of Stabilization of Subcellular Structures by Functioning: a Key to Many Doors
18. G.N. Bogdanov, Free-Radical Mechanisms of Induction and Development of Secondary Necrosis upon Gun Wounds.
19. S.D. Varfolomeev, Catalytic Centres of Enzymes: Structure and Reactions Mechanisms.
20. N.N. Ugarova., Bioluminescence: Molecular Mechanisms and Application.
21. N.F. Kazanskaya, Enzymes and Proteins as Medical Preparations.
22. A.V. Levashov, Micellas Enzymology.
23. A.V.Alessenko, Influence of the Bioantioxidants on Sphingomyelin Signaling System and Apoptosis