- Characteristics of aerosols and their radiative effects are not available in one and the same book, to the best of author’s knowledge. This book will attempt to provide all these details on tropospheric and stratospheric aerosols in one place.
- Will include the current state of knowledge on aerosols
- Focus on physical, chemical and optical characteristics of aerosols
- Covers the sources, radiative and climate effects of aerosols witth recent developments
- Illustrative examples, case studies, homework problems with lucid and clear writing
This book includes basic knowledge and understanding on the characteristics of aerosols over the continent and oceanic regions, their composition, residence times, sinks and size distributions, and their effects in the radiative transfer and climate of Earth.
Table of Contents
Climate and Aerosols. Physical, Optical and Chemical Characteristics of Aerosols. Measurements of Aerosols: Instrumentation, Techniques and Parameters. Aerosols: Radiative Transfer and Effects. Aerosol-Cloud Interactions and Aerosol-Climate Coupling. Aerosol Impact on Atmosphere and Climate, Air Pollution and Air Quality. References. Index.