Activities Management is a comprehensive guide to running a smooth and successful operation. It includes:
* practical help on how to plan and manage work;
* health and safety in the workplace;
* environmental considerations that today's supervisor needs to know.
The Team Leader Development Series is an essential tool towards gaining the Supervisory Management Award. Consisting of four practical and interactive textbooks, this series will be invaluable not only to students, but also as a guide individuals and organisations seeking to improve their business performance at the first level of management.
Key learning features:
* Learning Objectives to enable the reader to assess the knowledge gained throughout the series.
* Activities to put the learning into practice.
* Case studies - 'true-life' scenarios!
* Workbased Assignments which will also provide evidence for S/NVQ portfolios.
* Language is straightforward and direct, contextualised to relate to team leaders and supervisory managers working in a wide range of industry sectors.
* Influential protagonists in the field will be alluded to as appropriate to support the learning.
Tutor resource material for each title in the series is available either as hard copy or is downloadable from the BH website. Please contact BH marketing on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
Quality - customers and suppliers, total quality management, quality standards, quality systems, quality tools, encouraging quality, the economics of quality; Planning techniques - the planning cycle, organisational objectives, customer requirements, setting goals and objectives, setting priorities, allocating work, communicating with your team, work study techniques, scheduling techniques; Monitoring activities - monitoring activities, keeping records, problem solving, updating your plans, recommending improvements; Raw materials, supplies and equipment - purchasing and supply systems, sti=ock control, procedures for receiving goods, security and care of supplies and equipment; Health and safety - health and safety legislation, safety audits, preventing accidents, dealing with emergencies, investigating and reporting accidents, safety representatives; The environment - environmental legislation, sources of pollution, conserving natural resources, conserving energy