- A well-written, comprehensive and easy-to-understand approach to the subject.
- Richly-illustrated: contains over 700 illustrations
- Contains many worked examples
- The authors will likely prepare supporting material that can be made available on our websites
- May be used as a course book for advanced university and professional courses in:
Designed to provide engineers with quick access to current and practical information on the dynamics of structure and foundation, this 2-volume reference work is intended for engineers involved with earthquake or dynamic analysis, or the design of machine foundations in the oil, gas, and energy sector. Whereas the first volume deals with the fundamentals, this volume is dedicated to applications in various civil engineering problems, related to dynamic soil-structure interaction, machine foundation and earthquake engineering. It presents innovative, easy-to-apply and practical solutions to various problems and difficulties a design engineer will encounter. It allows quick access to targeted information; it includes a wealth of case studies and also examines geotechnical considerations with regard to dynamic soil-structure interaction. This book is concentrated on three major application areas: dynamic soil-structure interaction (DSSI), rhe analysis and design of machine foundations, and on the analytical and design concepts for earthquake engineering. Vol. 1 (ISBN 9780415471459) focusses on the theory and fundamentals book.
1 Dynamic soil structure interaction
2. Analysis and design of machine foundations
3. Analytical and design concepts for earthquake engineering
CRC Press eBooks are available through VitalSource. The free VitalSource Bookshelf® application allows you to access to your eBooks whenever and wherever you choose.The Bookshelf application offers access: